– Waiting in the Doctors office
– Sitting on the pot (which in a lifetime is approx. 525,600 minutes)
– Waiting for the water to boil
– The time before you fall asleep
– Time stuck in traffic (Average driver spends 34 hours a year in traffic)
– Waiting for the meeting to begin
Now that we’ve established you have more free time than you thought…how much of that time do you spend on the internet trolling around on Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pintrest, LinkedIn, Netflix or some other website? You could use this time to:
– Read that book you wanted (or need) to read
– Listen to that book on audio during traffic
– Begin writing that book you’ve always dreamed about writing
– Design the dress you felt born to design
– Outline your life’s plan
Too often, we buy the lie we have no time. We allow our internet trolling to make us dumb. It zaps all of our free time away from us. What do we really gain from all of that time trolling? Most likely we get into dumb arguments. We look at pictures of people we don’t care about (or shouldn’t be looking at). We watch brain numbing shows that are off the air for a reason, or a plethora of other things that are meaningless. I challenge everyone who reads this blog to fight the system of educational oppression and use that free time to educate your minds. Use that time to help start doing the things you’ve always wanted to do! Take Facebook off your phone and replace it with Kindle…then read.
*I’m not advocating cold turkey never online again type approach. I too will still browse the web and engage in conversations online. I’m advocating that we don’t allow it to take all our time and thus make us dumb.*
What are some other ways we can fill our “free time”? What other “free time” can you come up with?