– I was told that I was going to go down to part time at Living Christ Church
– Started working at Chili’s part-time to suppliment income
– Watched my first Blue-Ray Disc movie
– Had A BABY BOY!
– Hilary and I named him: Marvin Elijah Nelson (nickname MJ)
– Took my ordination tests, finished off my paper work for ordination
– Got ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance
– Started looking for a new job as a full-time youth pastor
– Interviewed with two churches: West Gate Chapel and Allegheny Center Alliance Church
– Hilary and I prayed for guidance and God led us to Allegheny Center Alliance Church
– Moved from NY to PA
– Hilary and I said sad goodbyes to old friends, church friends and youth group kids
– Hilary and I moved into our new apartment in Pittsburgh, PA
– Started my new job
– Been working here ever since
– Wrote a book
It’s been a real tough, sad, happy, trying year for sure! Starting 2009 off by getting a pay-cut and a job addition was bleak at best. Hilary and I had to lean hevily on the cross for confort and guidance as well as lean heavily on one another! God has been good in giving us a new Christian family and a new home…we miss Nyack, NY and the people, but God is good.
My Next post will be of the reccomended books I have from my 2009!